- Short-term disability insurance is a component of the California State Disability Insurance program. It provides partial wage replacement benefits to eligible California workers who are unable to work due to a non-work-related illness, injury, or pregnancy.
- About 18.7 million California workers are covered by the short-term disability program. Short-term disability insurance contributions are paid by California workers through employee payroll deductions.
- A disability is an illness or injury, either physical or mental, which prevents you from performing your regular and customary work.
- Behavioral health symptoms stemming from depression, anxiety, grief, PTSD, or panic attacks may also qualify you for short-term disability in California.
WHAT CAN DARLING PSYCHOLOGY DO FOR YOU?
We can help you through the short-term disability insurance process by:
- Evaluating your condition to determine if you meet the eligibility for California short-term disability insurance benefits
- Providing your employer notice for time off work
- Filling out human resources paperwork and employee benefit forms for an additional short-term disability that you may have through your employee benefits package
- Filing California Short-Term Disability forms to start your CA state benefits
- Providing top quality treatment to help you feel better, heal, and get back on track